Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows: Error CJ:2100:2 - Connection to Phone Service failed

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Community,

Does anyone know what Error CJ:2100:2 denotes? Is there available any list of codes with explanation that includes 2100?

CUCM v11,

Jabber for Windows v12

IM&P works, Telephony Services Connection to Phone dont work.
Attached is the error.

Thanks in advance for your responses
G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
17 Replies 17

bennostaricny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Have you found some list for the error codes already? 

Thanks,

Benno

This is availlable but I dont see the error code that I am interested for

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/jabber-windows/116306-qanda-product-00.html

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

m.ranger
Level 1
Level 1

have you solved the problem in the meantime?

Regards

Manfred

Hello Manfred,

Never got the chance to find out what this error code stands for.

G

Did you get your jabber to connect? I stuck in the problem that jabber softphone is working fine, but phone remote control ends with the error "or CJ:2100:2 - Connection to Phone Service failed"

Hi Ranger, 

I was experiencing the same error code and it turned out that the wrong SIP profile was selected on the phone. Changing to "Standard SIP Profile" fix the issues for me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Oliver

This helped me and this was also the solution for me.

I had the same problem with all my Jabber users, this started after my CUCM and IM&Presence server's certificates were renewed. 

Turned out that restarting the CTI service in CUCM resolved my problem.

Restarting CTI on the CUCM Pub fixed this for me after we did a bunch of changed to LDAP config.

We have the same problem, but after changing the certificate of Expressway E. Also, restarting the CUCM CTI service solved the problem. Thank you.

Daniov1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue.

have you solved the problem?

Thanks,

Danielo

Hello guys 

I have the same problem,  you found a solution about that error?

Best Regards 

Alexandros Orphanides

Alexandros Hi!,

You may need to check the result from the "Ctrl+Shift+D" when your Jabber client is trying to register?

G

Hi Alexandros,

in my case there have been several problems, at the end I can´t say which one has caused the error CJ:2100:2

1. Error in jabber-config.xml. There was an "old" entry to a no longer valid service discovery domain
  2. NAT Probem in FW. I have a EXP-E with one NIC. This means that the customer has to configure NAT reflection on his firewall. He did a mistake and configured "source and destination NAT" which translated the EXP-C source IP Adress to the external IP Adress (NAT Adress) of the EXP-E.
  3. DNS Error: missing PTR records for reverse DNS Lookup in the internal DNS Server.

Best regards

Manfred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: