cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows Registration Issue

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

I have been facing issue with J4W registration and display error "no connection to server". Following is the version detail:-

Version CUCM and IM&P---> (10.5.2)

On-Premises login

During analysis, i found 2 things in logs:-

1). Unable to download jabber-config.xml file (Download of TFTP File failed for server ) //// all the other xml files are succesfully downloaded which may indicate that there is an absence of jabber-config.xml file.

2). While signing into presence "OnLoginError: (data=0) LERR_JABBER_UNREACHABLE <16>: "

[rc\cert\common\BaseCertVerifier.cpp(250)] [csf.cert.] [cert::BaseCertVerifier::checkIdentity] - About to verify the Subject Alt Name.
[ls\src\cert\common\CertVerifier.cpp(154)] [csf.cert] [cert::CertVerifier::checkIdentifier] - Verifying identity '162.20.10.30'       
[rc\cert\utils\AltNameParserImpl.cpp(349)] [csf.cert.utils] [cert::AltNameParserImpl::verify] - Looking for match with 162.20.10.30   
[rc\cert\utils\AltNameParserImpl.cpp(400)] [csf.cert.utils] [cert::AltNameParserImpl::verify] - No Match Found    

I tried to change the IP address to FQDN under System---> Server, but after that the connection is lost between CUCM and IM&P.

Attached is the log file and snapshot of IM&P.

- See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12490406/jabber-windows-registration-issue#sthash.E2wXb4iJ.dpuf

Regards, Nishant Savalia
4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To see if your Jabber file is available, check:

http://<ip address of CUCM TFTP server>:6970/jabber-config.xml

if you made changes to the jabber-config file, stop and start the TFTP service on the relevant server.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

I did checked to see manually "jabber-config.xml" but the page remain blank. And, no changes made to jabber-config.xml file

Regards, Nishant Savalia

upload a new jabber-config.xml file if it is blank

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nishant,

Sorry for the late reply. You may well have resolved this  by now, if you have can I suggest that you update the post with the resolution so others may benefit.

Looking at the logs, I can see that Jabber is trying to login to the IMP server below, but its returning server unreachable error.

Signing into Presence Server. Server: 162.20.10.30, login mode: ON_PREM, result: 0

[IMPStackCap::Login::OnLoginError] - ****************************************************************

[IMPStackCap::Login::OnLoginError] - OnLoginError: (data=0) LERR_JABBER_UNREACHABLE <16>:

[IMPStackCap::Login::OnLoginError] - ****************************************************************

We will need to look at the IMP logs to know what is going on. Let me know if you still need help with this.

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: