Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber mobile with MRA - issue over cell network

Attila Horvath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a fully working Jabber Mobile MRA installation when connecting internet over  wireless (wifi) networks.

But when connection via 3G or 4G mobile network, some calls cannot arrive to jabber.

Tried to find any timers related to a delayed connection setup, but cannot find any.

Is there any SIP or other CUCM timer - that we can set  - to make our system works over mobile networks?

5 Replies 5

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

Have you configured the TCT/BOT devices for these users that have issues receiving calls on their mobile devices outside of your production network?

Hi, 

Yes, configured to receive calls from inside CUCM, and from outside.

There is a public PSNT number field mapped to DN-s.

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
Can you please get the below information.

1) Is this jabber for Android or Iphone if so what is the version of the OS
2) Is this issue seen on multiple different device on the 3g/4g network.
3) Do you ahve the jabber app to constantly run in the background when used.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

1. Tried with iPhone SE (ver 11 - latest ), and with different Android versions - but generally newest android phones.

2. Yes, seen on different devices

3. Yes, we have set all of the required energy (and other)  settings to stay it alive.

Attila Horvath
Level 1
Level 1

Now I have found a settings in CUCM (11.5), but I am not sure related:

"If you are connected to a low-bandwidth network and finding it difficult to take an incoming call on your mobile device, you can set the system SIP parameters to improve the condition. Increase the SIP Dual Mode Alert Timer value to ensure that calls to the Cisco Jabber extension are not prematurely routed to the mobile-network phone number."

The default settings was 1500 ms, now increased to 10.000 but I am a bit unsure as we are not using the related Mobile Connect (now Single Number Reach) feature.

We have to test it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: