cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber MRA No audio two way to jabber internet side; PSTN one way audio intermittently or delayed two way call

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

jabber MRA call experience no two way audio issue while two MRA jabber clients are calling each other. Im not pretty sure about this call. This is what client told me.

if jabber MRA call making a PSTN call  it ended with one way audio. PSTN side can listen listen audio but jabber MRA side cannot listen audio. sometimes both side can listen audio. other time it start with one side audio as mentioned then if waited for some time two way audio starts working...

The above mentioned PSTN call i experienced when they called my mobile. All the above conditions I experienced..but here there is no two way audio issue at all.

They have perimeter and DC firewall. perimeter firewall is fortigate where as DC firewall is cisco ASA.

CUCM 11.5

expressway version is 8.11.4. expressway  cannot be upgraded to latest version. because esxi cannot be upgraded to latest version and hardware is not compatible as well.

What could be the reason? if its a firewall issue, why its working sometimes and some times not.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One way audio or no audio are most of the times routing issues, FW, ACL, antivirus, etc. Reviews debugs / traces to determine the IPs involved in RTP, and then review what path they take in your network, each path separately, as there could be different routing in each direction. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so I can clearly say its not firewall issue because its working intermittently  as i mentioned before. 

Is it only because of routing issue ? so it takes different path in different times?

do you mean I need to take the traces /debug from expressway or from jabber client?

may i know what to check from the traces?

I collected pcap from expressway C. 

when I analyzed RTP packets and tried to play stream , i can hear both side voice. 

at that time, jabber at internet side was not able to hear the voice. In expressway C we can clearly hear both the voice.

that means till exp C both voice reaching properly even one side voice was listening for calling party(jabber MRA).  

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

Can Any body tell me how to verify RTP packets reaching in Expressway. i cannot understand any packets reaching or not after verifying it..

how to check it in pcap file EXP E. 

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

we noticed one thing. when they are resetting the jabber client and login back they are able to listen voice both ways. then if they are disconnecting wifi and connecting back then they are then  able to hear only one way. 

what could be the reason?