Is Jabber in phone-only mode supported in SRST mode?
I know that this has been asked in some other threads as well, but has not been replied clearly.
In the SRST datasheet, a restriction, that the the Presence serve should be reachable, is mentioned. However, in case of WAN failure, the access to the Presence servers will also be lost.
However, in some of the documents (not from Cisco), it is mentioned, that the above mentioned restriction is not removed (E.g. - https://www.sunsetlearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Call-Manager-Express-v10-Updates.pdf )
- Do we have a Cisco document that confirms that this restriction is now removed?
- Is Jabber for Android and iOS not supported at all, in SRST?
- Assuming that the dependency on the presence server is removed, what changes will be needed in the DNS records , to enable Jabber to work in SRST?
Please see the Cisco official release note. This IM dependancy is been taken off from 10.5 release
- Is there a need to change the way DNS SRV records are configured, for CME to work as SRST for Jabber clients?
- If no, then will it work for the Jabber clients that were not logged in at the time SRST was triggered? I mean, will it work only for already logged in Jabber clients?