Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber To Jabber MOH

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

Having hard time to have MOH working btw two internal Jabbers. The MOH works from Jabber to anything except internal Jabber to Jabber. Has anyone have any idea why this is not working?

CUCM version: 11.5

Jabber version: 14.0.0.55563 Build 305563  

Thanks,

MK

8 Replies 8

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

MOH works the same for all types of endpoints, Jabber is no exception. Also, since the devices are on the internal network and doing an internal call, then it is unlikely to be a network/interop issue. 

Check the Jabber MRGLs and ensure there's a MOH server. Verify that the same MOH server is active (Run Flag is set to "Yes") and registered with CUCM. If the Jabber device that initiates the call hold has a custom MOH audio source assigned, then please ensure that it is uploaded on all servers.

Hi Kaloyan,

Thank you for taking the time and replaying.

It looks like this is a known issue and I am not the first on having it. Here's another post on this community. The reason that I opened another post is because I don't understand what they did to resolve the issue. Our Jabber endpoints anre having the same MRGL that our physical phones have but the MOH btw internal Jobber endpoints is not working. Here's the link.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/issue-with-jabber-and-moh/td-p/3043425

Thanks,

MK

I still wasn't able to resolve this MOH issue. Anybody has any idea why the internal Jabber to Jabber MOH is not working?

Thanks,

MK

Is your MOH using Multicast? If so that may be the culprit.

Our MOH is Unicast but I turned on the Multicast on one of our MOH server but it still fails to play MOH.

The strange thing is when both parties put the call on hold and retrieve the call, the MOH works. It also works when we engage the Media Termination Point in the Jabber configuration page.

Thanks,

MK

So if the users put each other on hold, resume the call, then try hold again it plays fine for both?

Yes

Is there a firewall in the network between either the two Jabber users, or the MOH audio source (Pub/Subs or DSP Farm) and the users? I'm just trying to think through the flow for when you initiate a hold. If I recall the RTP stream between the users is stopped, then a stream is initiated from the MOH Source to the user who was placed on hold to play the music. If it doesn't work, then magically works after it's been initiated one time that almost sounds like it could be a stateful firewall in the way. I could be way off base btw as my networking skills are not very strong, but it may be worth looking at or spark some other ideas.