Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Unable to connect error.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

I have installed CUPS with CUCM v11 in lab environment. Refer video from youtube and deployed as per the steps. Phone registers with CUPS. I have stucked with errors.

1. On Cisco Jabber 11.5 windows, Phone shows Unable to Connect after 1min post login. Error code CJ:109:3

• 2 jabbers installed and logged in on 2 different OS Win7 and Win10. On both of them shows the same error.
  • LDAP port no 389 configured. Changed to 3268 but no luck,
  • SIP trunk between CUCM and CUPS shows  "Unknown - OPTIONS Ping not enabled"
  • On CUPS, NO ERRORS but 4 services are Activated but not started.
      • Cisco XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager
      • Cisco XCP Message Archiver
      • Cisco XCP Directory service
      • Cisco XCP Authentication Service.

Please suggest.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

By defining dns srv records (Cisco-uds) and A records,  Cisco jabber automatically discover cucm/imp servers so you don't need to define imp IP address in advance settings of jabber.

In your case, there can be one of below two issues.

1. You don't have host entries in local laptop/desktop where you have jabber client installed, so create host entries and check (run -> drivers -> etc -> hosts)

2. Have you created ctl uc service and service profile and assigned it at end user ?

You can check firewall port status as below..

utils firewall ipv4 enable

You can also check for the list of open ports with the CLI command:

show open ports all

Suresh

View solution in original post

If all you're using is Jabber, you don't need the XCP Directory service (you can find a doc with the explanation of each service if you just google it), that has nothing to do with any of the errors you're seeing.

Did you review the Jabber documentation???

The planning guide has a whole chapter on service discovery which talks about the SRVs and login, it seems you're lacking some of the basic configuration which is required for Jabber to work, and which is contained in the planning guide and on-prem deployment guides.

I have a video in which I explain everything, including how to configure SRVs, but you need to do your due diligence, and review the documentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdH50_zp4wc&list=PLFuOESqSTxEvZChqWgAJanctohRMe99CR&index=2

You might also want to google a little bit about A records and SRV records to understand the difference between each other, and how they're used.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using DNS srv records (Cisco-uds) and A records to discover services ? Or manually defining IMP ip address on jabber client ?

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

• Question1 not clear about that. Will you pls elaborate/explain the steps to answer.
  • I hv manually defined IMP Server address.
  • Will you tell me command on cucm to telnet AD Server "<ip address>:389"

Regards,

Ritesh desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

By defining dns srv records (Cisco-uds) and A records,  Cisco jabber automatically discover cucm/imp servers so you don't need to define imp IP address in advance settings of jabber.

In your case, there can be one of below two issues.

1. You don't have host entries in local laptop/desktop where you have jabber client installed, so create host entries and check (run -> drivers -> etc -> hosts)

2. Have you created ctl uc service and service profile and assigned it at end user ?

You can check firewall port status as below..

utils firewall ipv4 enable

You can also check for the list of open ports with the CLI command:

show open ports all

Suresh

Suresh,

1. Oh yes...! I dont hv host entries in my laptop. So I'll do that.
  2. Yes, i've created UC services and assigned them to profile and to enduser.

Thanks for commands. I will research n study on it.

Thanks regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

Suresh, Can u tell me reason why SIP Trunk between CUCM and CUPS shows unknown? Both are in domains and same subnet range, what possibly the issue?

Regards,

Ritesh desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

As Jaime said, you need to create a SIP profile for it (Device -> Device settings -> sip profile) and select "Enable OPTIONS Ping to monitor destination status for Trunks with service type "None (Default)" option and apply the sip profile to sip trunk and reset the trunk, that's all.

Suresh

Hi Suresh & JAVA,

Thanks for your expertise!

My CUCM-CUPS SIP trunk link is UP.

• New Device SIP profile created and PING OPTIONS enabled.
  • Device SIP profile assigned to SIP trunk and Jabber clients on CUCM.
  • Host file entry of DNS, CUCM and CUPS.
  • But still, Jabber client does not pick up CUCM and CUPS address when changed to auto. I have to manually define account type as IMP and login server as IMP-IP address.
  • Jabber Client 11.5 gives CJ109:3 Unable to connect

Please suggest. Do I hv to downgrade Jabber Client version?

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

You can see by installing other jabber client (e.g. 10.6) on another machine as well.

You said "Jabber client does not pick up CUCM and CUPS address when changed to auto", have you configured SRV and A records in DNS for jabber to discover CUCM/IMP ? if not, then you must configure these on DNS server.

For manual discovery, have you created host entries in local desktop as below and are you able to resolve fqdn of cucm and IMP ?

<CUCM FQDN>     <IP address>

<IMP FQDN>         <IP address>

If no luck then please attach jabber problem report here, see the below link to collect problem report.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/jabber-windows/116334-trouble-jabber-problem-00.html

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

• I have created host entries in DNS for CUCM and IMP. Also same in hostfile of local desktop.
  • I checked on IMP>Diagnostics>System Dashboard. I found "X" mark under Microsoft RCC Control. System says username mismatch. CTIGateway name was mismatch. reconfigured and restarted SIPProxy service.
  • I've assigned users to CUCMCIP profile
  • I've assigned users to Microsoft RCC Control.
  • I have attached project report.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

DNS SRV records and A records are not created correctly, getting below error in problem report, please configure them

DNS query _cisco-uds._tcp.csinfocomm.com. has failed: DNS name does not exist.

DNS query _cuplogin._tcp.csinfocomm.com. has failed: DNS name does not exist.

To verify,go to command prompt, type below commands one by one

nslookup

set type=srv

_cisco-uds._tcp.csinfocomm.com

_cuplogin._tcp.csinfocomm.com

You will get all info like IP address, host name, port, weight etc, if you don't get that means you SRV records are configured properly.

Note: I think, you are referring old version's admin guide here, so please refer version 11.x guide.

Suresh

Suresh,

Below is the output from DNS server. As suggested I have configured CUPS and CUCM in forward and reverse lookup zone.

"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>cd c:\

c:\>
c:\>nslookup
1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa
primary name server = 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.
0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa
responsible mail addr = (root)
serial = 0
refresh = 28800 (8 hours)
retry = 7200 (2 hours)
expire = 604800 (7 days)
default TTL = 86400 (1 day)
Default Server: UnKnown
Address: ::1

> set type=srv
> _cisco-uds._tcp.csinfocomm.com
Server: UnKnown

*** UnKnown can't find _cisco-uds._tcp.csinfocomm.com: Non-existent domain
> _cuplogin._tcp.csinfocomm.com
Server: UnKnown

*** UnKnown can't find _cuplogin._tcp.csinfocomm.com: Non-existent domain
>"

On CUP I see below error. (SNAP attached)

regards, Ritesh Desai

No Dear, it's not SRV.
Create it as below.
  1. Click on the domain name you want to use.
  2. Select the DNS Zone File tab.
  3. Click Edit:
  4. At the bottom of the Records section, click Add and select SRV from the menu.
  5. Complete the following fields: Service (_Cisco-uds) Enter the service name of this SRV record, host name etc
  6. Click Save.

Please take help from DNS administrator for further help.

Suresh

Hi Hudda,
Thanks for guidance.
HI Jaime,
Your video was excellent. Learned much from your video. Configured as per your video except BDI configuration for Jabber MAC. Still no luck. I generated problem report, it shows many errors. Can you give me a hint where should I look at...? Is there any guide on reading IMP traces? I've attached problem report, if you can extend your help.

regards,
Ritesh Desai.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Jaime, Hudda,

Ignore previous post. I m IDIOT!!! :D ;)

I haven't configured directory no to a person I was trying login.

Just to confirm, Jabber client has to b on domain?

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: