Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber With Outlook Calender

Nikhil.ranjan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello There,

I am trying to sync Jabber with outlook calendar. Currently the option that I have is, go to Options> Calendar > Select Microsoft and Apply. In that case the Jabber is asking for the outlook server Ip or hostname. User have to manually enter this. many of the non technical users are unaware of Outlook IP address. 

What I require is that when ever a user logs in to the Jabber, it automatically syncs with their outlook calendar and user does not have to enter Outlook Ip or hostname. The Jabber automatically syncs with the outlook calendar on the first login. 

Thanks

Nikhil 

2 Replies 2

It should be done automatically. If Jabber and MS outlook works on the same
machine, Jabber will auto detect outlook presence and get access to
calender.

Do you have other IM clients running on the same machine? If yes, reinstall
Jabber to make sure that Jabber your main IM provider and takes control
over MS Outlook API

If you would like your Jabber (for Windows) clients to auto-discover their Exchange server there is a jabber-config.xml parameter that will allow you to either specify an Exchange server (internal and external if you are using MRA) or will allow the client to auto-discover via DNS.

Check this out for information on authentication and discovery for Outlook:

Feature Configuration for Cisco Jabber 12.0 - Third-Party Integrations

I don't know if this applies in your situation: Do you have the checkbox checked on the CUCM end-user account (in the section with Home Cluster and Presence enablement) that refers to sync-ing the calendar information? (If you have Exchange integrated via IMP)

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: