cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI how to split a call from a conference

mariomiguelmf
Level 1
Level 1

Suppose we have a conference Call with >=4 Connections. Is it possible to take two participants out of the conference call and keep them talking together without making a new call between them?

Thanks...

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

This behaviour is controlled by the service parameter, Drop Adhoc conference. I am pasting info about this parameter..

i) Never - The conference remains active

a) after the conference controller hangs, and

b) after all OnNet parties hang up.

Be aware that choosing this option means that if OnNet parties conference in OffNet parties and then disconnect, the conference stays active between the OffNet parties, which could result in potential toll fraud.

ii) When Conference Controller Leaves - Terminate the conference when the conference controller hangs up or when the conference controller transfers, redirects, or parks the conference call and the retrieving party hangs up.

iii) When No OnNet Parties Remain in the Conference - Terminate the conference when there are no OnNet parties remaining in the conference.

The default value of this parameter is Never which means the parties stay connected.

If one of the participant you want to remain is not the conference initiator, ask the conference initiator and remaining parties to drop out of the conference and remaining parties should stay connected.

If one of the participant you want to remain is the conference initiator, then ask the remaining parties except the one who wants to stay connected, to drop out of the cofnerence.

Not sure why you are including JTAPI in this question.

HTH

sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks,

Anyway I will rewrite my question. What I want to do is:

Take participants A,B,C,D,E into a conference call X. Then, for example take two parties say D and E out of the conference. In the final status A,B and C will be talking together in conference X and D and E will be talking in another "private" call. BUT I want to do this in a transparent way to D, if D is an external line, that is D will just be redirected, he does not have to make or answer any call.