Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JVDI (or alternative) for Windows Virtual Desktop in Azure

Currently use Citrix and Cisco Jabber (With JVDI) for users to use softphones to make calls

Doing a proof of concept with the plan to move to Windows Virtual Desktop but struggling with Jabber and awful call quality, installed JVDI but doesnt look to do anything so assume that's VMware or Citrix only

Any other options ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

KirkGSmith
Level 1
Level 1

You can always pray!  We got it to work on an Azure WVD, though we haven't placed it under significant load to test quality yet, but we did get it to work (using Jabber client 12.5.0.22884 and 12.9.5.55511 & Jabber JVDI agent), and we're trying Jabber 14.0.1.55914 now.  

menickolich
Level 1
Level 1

We have Jabber for VDI for Windows 12.5.1.27406 "working" on Azure AVD, but there is a 3 to 5 second delay in the audio. The audio quality is not great but certainly acceptable. Does not appear to be supported on AVD - Cisco bug ID CSCvt74615. 

tbeverly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I would like to deploy Jabber VDI for Windows on Azure. Are there specific instructions for install? I understand the client would be install on the avd however where is the jvdi agent installed? And do you have instructions for that portion? Thanks in advance.

It has been a while since I tested this, but you install the Jabber VDI Agent and Jabber full client installer on your Azure Session Host(s). Then you install the Jabber VDI client on your local machine. It brokers a connection between Azure and your personal machine. It "worked" but was not acceptable due to the 3 to 5 second audio delay for our Call Center using AVD, UCCX Finesse, and Jabber. Deployment and Installation Guide for Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI Release 14.1 - Installation [Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI] - Cisco Looks like Jabber VDI is still not supported for Azure AVD as I only see Citrix and Horizon in the doc as being supported.

Set up the Hosted Virtual Desktops Workflow

The Virtual Machines for the HVDs can be either Citrix-, or VMware-provisioned. Citrix-provisioned virtual machines can be dedicated, or have multiple users connected over multiple remote sessions. To support multiple remote sessions, the virtual machine must be running a supported Microsoft Windows Server operating system.

Cisco WebEx app is supported but may require some additional changes to get everything to work on your Communications Manager. Deployment guide for Webex App for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) - Prepare your environment for Webex App for VDI [Webex App] - Cisco

tbeverly
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Menickolich.

This is helpful. Appreciate the response.