cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keep original caller's name in hunt pilot For field

pobrien
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating from Avaya to CUCM 11.x. One feature that we are trying to maintain is the "cover path" capability. This is where a caller calls John. John doesn't answer and the call is forwarded to Jane. Jane doesn't answer the caller goes to John's voicemail.

I have this working with a line group with Jane, a hunt list and a hunt pilot. I then set John's forward settings to the hunt pilot for busy and no answer. 

The problem I'm having is the call alerting display on Jane's phone says

"Incoming call on Jane

<External CALLER ID>

For <hunt pilot number>"

Is it possible to have the "For" line read "For: John"? 

That way Jane knows the call is a forwarded call and not a call that originated to her. Since Jane is covering many many individuals, the hunt pilot number won't help identify who the call came from. 

I have tried changing the Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN for Hunt Group Calls When Alerting  advanced service parameter, but it makes the call look like it originated at Jane's desk and not a call forwarded from John. 

*Edit: I am using a line group because there are many Janes that would cover John. So I can do a Top Down distribution. 

Thoughts? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct. Though in that case you will not be able to use "properly"the hunt pilot anywhere else.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Most probably you are hitting this bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCth95017

What is the phone type and firmware version of the finally forwarded device (Jane)?

Georgios

Thanks for that link. It appears that I am being hit by that bug, but I almost kind-of want that bug. 

I'd like it to say "For: John".... not just show the caller ID like it was a normal call originating at Jane's desk.

John is using an 8845

Jane is using 8865 with sidecars

If its not possible, then perhaps I need another way to accomplish this and see if there's an acceptable solution for Jane. 

Edit: I guess I could make a custom hunt pilot for each of the "Johns" that I have, then make the hunt pilot alerting name "For John" or something. It's a bit more management but we haven't had to change these call forwards in years. 

That is correct. Though in that case you will not be able to use "properly"the hunt pilot anywhere else.

Georgios

Understood - it becomes a "private" hunt pilot for that 1 use case scenario. Thanks!