Views
Helpful
Replies

Key sequence restore facotry settings 8961

Fabien GILLET
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need your help because i want to restore factory settings on phone 8961. I have try to make the same key sequence that we have on 7960 phones but that's doesn't work.

When i press # key i see the mute key is on (the red led is on) but after i don't know the sequence to use to restore the factory settings.

Could you help me on this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Fabien.

6 Replies 6

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's how to do it on the 89xx/99xx phones: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971trb.html#wp1031580.  It's under administrator settings.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your answer.

I have see this documentation but in my case my phone doesn't have a good IP address and when i open the menu by pressing "Applications" button i don't have Administrator menu so i can't change the IP address on my phone.

And my phone is not registered because it was registered on another architecture.

Do you have another solution for me ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards.

Fabien.

If the phone was registed to another cluster make sure to delete the Initial Trust List (ITL) and/or Certificate Trust List (CTL) from the phone, under the security configuration.

It's the same problem i don't have the Administrator menu on the phone so i can't delete anything...

That's why i need to restore the factory setting on this phone.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Fabien.

Hi Fabien,

I have the same problem.

How you got to fix it??

Thanks in advance

Hi David,

In my case my phone working fine on another cluster. So i have plug into the working cluster and i have change the parameters as i want. After i have change the cluster and my phone work fine on the new cluster.

I think the Admin menu are lock if the phone isn't register... I know it's not usefull but it what i see on my issue.

I hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards.

Fabien.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: