Views
Helpful
Replies

Key sequence restore facotry settings 8961

Fabien GILLET
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need your help because i want to restore factory settings on phone 8961. I have try to make the same key sequence that we have on 7960 phones but that's doesn't work.

When i press # key i see the mute key is on (the red led is on) but after i don't know the sequence to use to restore the factory settings.

Could you help me on this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Fabien.

6 Replies 6

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's how to do it on the 89xx/99xx phones: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971trb.html#wp1031580.  It's under administrator settings.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your answer.

I have see this documentation but in my case my phone doesn't have a good IP address and when i open the menu by pressing "Applications" button i don't have Administrator menu so i can't change the IP address on my phone.

And my phone is not registered because it was registered on another architecture.

Do you have another solution for me ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards.

Fabien.

If the phone was registed to another cluster make sure to delete the Initial Trust List (ITL) and/or Certificate Trust List (CTL) from the phone, under the security configuration.

It's the same problem i don't have the Administrator menu on the phone so i can't delete anything...

That's why i need to restore the factory setting on this phone.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Fabien.

Hi Fabien,

I have the same problem.

How you got to fix it??

Thanks in advance

Hi David,

In my case my phone working fine on another cluster. So i have plug into the working cluster and i have change the parameters as i want. After i have change the cluster and my phone work fine on the new cluster.

I think the Admin menu are lock if the phone isn't register... I know it's not usefull but it what i see on my issue.

I hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards.

Fabien.