cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lag In 7861 sip phones

Maxim35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys I have a problem with the 7861 series phones they have a lag issue they take long to respond to commands .This is the second time Im experiencing the same issue at first thought the issue was the device type and profile type associated with the phones.. So i deleted the phones and registered them again with the right device and profile types. That seemed to solve the problem or so I thought only for the same issue to crop up again a few months down the line. Im currently running CUCM V11.5.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

9 Replies 9

What do you mean lag in responding to commands? Are you referring to
hitting buttons and dialing numbers. Please give an example

The issue affects all the functions of the phone when the user tries to dial a number transfer a call its very slow to respond and even when a call comes in it takes time before the audio from the caller can be heard.

Have you tried with a different FW?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Nope Im yet to try this

Do you have the phones and call manager in same LAN?

Yes they are all on the same LAN that only services the Phones

ItalkNetworks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the your IP-Phone's firmware?

Try upgrading one of the affected 7861 IP-Phones to the latest version if, it is not already at the latest version.

HTH

Akansha

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What is the current firmware version. Please try to upgrade the firmware and check. We had similar issues and lot of other weird issues for one of our customers on this phone model most of which are resolved with a firmware upgrade.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts

Maxim35
Level 1
Level 1

Quick update on this ..I cleared the call logs i.e missed calls , received and that seemed to do the trick haven't had any issues ..but now you have to frequently clear the call logs ..but hey it works.