Views
Helpful
Replies

Language Support other than English on IP phones

cparapally
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

My callmanager and Unity are placed in UK and using these systems, I would like to deploy IPT at Nederlands country with Dutch language support for 125 IP Phones.

Could you please brief me in step-by-step how to implement Dutch language in IP phones?

Here are my questions. Could you please help me?

1) What needs to be installed on Call Manager (e.g. so handsets can display Dutch language)? Do we need the purchased licence?

2) What needs to be done to install the Dutch language on Unity so menus can be in Dutch as well as English. Do we need a purchased licence first or can it be installed without it?

3)Will the Dutch users get added to the Corporate Directory or will there be a separate directory?

4) Can we intend to use the BAT tool to upload all the info?

I would appreciate if you give a clarity on all my questions.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First thing, what version of callmanager are you using?.

In older versions (4.x), you need to install locale specific version downloaded from Cisco Web and install it at Callmanager.

When you have installed that locale specific, you should to configure ip phones to use the new locale that you have installed.

I think that in 5.x version and above the process should be similar.

I think that download is free of charge.

Regards,

Antonio

Callmanager: 4.1(3)sr3a

Unity: 4.0(5)

Regards,

cparapally

1) What needs to be installed on Call Manager (e.g. so handsets can display Dutch language)? Do we need the purchased licence?

you need to go into CCO voice downloads and look the locale for 4.1(3) and install the file, no license needed

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/callmgr-locale-41

2) What needs to be done to install the Dutch language on Unity so menus can be in Dutch as well as English. Do we need a purchased licence first or can it be installed without it?

same process, under voice downloads select SW for 4.0(5) and look for the locale, you DO need to have the language licensed (use the license info viewer from tools depot to find out how many languages you have licensed)

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-40

Adding Languages

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_040.html#wp1104842

3)Will the Dutch users get added to the Corporate Directory or will there be a separate directory?

all users go to the same directory, Corporate Directory

4) Can we intend to use the BAT tool to upload all the info?

not sure what you intend to upload, BAT can be used to upload almost all the information into the system. you can use the BAT.xlt for that

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Very nice answer here! 5 points for this great work :)

Thanks again,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: