cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP/BAT Question

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I am planning on LDAP integrating a CUCM 10.5 system.  I will use an LDAP filter that only syncs users who have something in their ipPhone field in AD.  

I know that if I try and do a "phones/users" BAT import after I LDAP-integrate the system, it will fail because the user is already in the CUCM End Users table.  

My question is this - After I LDAP-integrate, if I have users whose AD ipPhone fields haven't been filled out yet, can I do a "phones/users" BAT import for them, then come behind and put their extensions in their ipPhone field in AD, causing their new CUCM local account to be converted to an LDAP account?  

It seems like this is feasible to me, but I wanted to see if anyone has a definitive answer on this.  

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That wouldn't differ if you had no filter and created a local user with a matching userID in LDAP and then do the LDAP integration, he would become a LDAP user, and would be updated with the LDAP info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I guess my question is whether there is something in the BAT process that would look at CUCM and say "oh, it looks like you're LDAP integrated so I'm not going to let you continue with the import."  If I'm understanding what you're saying, I should be fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: