Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP custom user fields not synced in LDAP Directory

Hello, I’ve added employee number in custom user fields of a LDAP directory then manually synced. There is no UI within CUCM that allows us to see custom user field. So I ran a SQL query in CLI, that’s not finding Employee number.

Current userID is Telephone number, we want change that to employee number. To make this change in LDAP system I have to 1st delete all the LDAP directories, then change the LDAP system and then recreate LDAP directories. It’s better to get the employee number updated in LDAP before we delete LDAP directories and recreate. We've added Employee number in AD.  Please find the SQL query and attachment. Please help me to fix this. 

SQL query without employeenumber:

admin:run sql select userid,firstname,lastname,telephonenumber,department,enduser.allowcticontrolflag cti,device.name,device.tkmodel, numplan.dnorpattern Primary from enduser left join enduserdevicemap on(enduser.pkid=enduserdevicemap.fkenduser) left join device on(enduserdevicemap.fkdevice=device.pkid) left join endusernumplanmap on(enduser.pkid=endusernumplanmap.fkenduser) left join numplan on(endusernumplanmap.fknumplan=numplan.pkid) where telephonenumber LIKE '1052059 %' ORDER BY telephonenumber

userid  firstname lastname  telephonenumber department                                       cti name    tkmodel primary

======= ========= ========= =============== ================================================ === ======= ======= =======

1052059 XYZ ABC 1052059         Enabling Functions    1052059 437     NULL

SQL query with employeenumber:

admin:run sql select userid,firstname,lastname,telephonenumber, employeenumber,department,enduser.allowcticontrolflag cti,device.name,device.tkmodel, numplan.dnorpattern Primary from enduser left join enduserdevicemap on(enduser.pkid=enduserdevicemap.fkenduser) left join device on(enduserdevicemap.fkdevice=device.pkid) left join endusernumplanmap on(enduser.pkid=endusernumplanmap.fkenduser) left join numplan on(endusernumplanmap.fknumplan=numplan.pkid) where telephonenumber LIKE '1052059 %' ORDER BY telephonenumber

Column (employeenumber) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined).

admin:

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you use MS AD as the server type there is no need to have the employee number in the DB before you make that change without losing anything:

• For AD deployments, the ObjectGUID is used internally in Unified CM as the key attribute of a user. The attribute in AD that corresponds to the Unified CM User ID may be changed in AD. For example, if sAMAccountname is being used, a user may change their sAMAccountname in AD, and the corresponding user record in Unified CM would be updated.

With all other LDAP platforms, the attribute that is mapped to User ID is the key for that account in Unified CM. Changing that attribute in LDAP will result in a new user being created in Unified CM, and the original user will be marked inactive.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/directry.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, Thanks for the quick response. We are using MS AD. We are not using sAMAccountname LDAP Attribute for User ID, we are using telephoneNumber, we want to change this to employeeNumber. Please refer the attachment. 

1) Changing the attribute telephoneNumber to employeeNumber in LDAP will result in a new user being created in Unified CM, and the original user will be marked inactive? 

2) I've added employeeNumber in Custom User Field of CUCM LDAP directory, where and how can i see that attribute? 

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: