Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP intgration with CUCM over SSL

atulkaul1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing issues while integration LDAP directory to CUCM over SSL.

Can somebody please guide me with the exact steps?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to upload the root certificate of the LDAP server's certificate chain to the tomcat-trust store. If you're running CUCM <= 7.x there may also be a directory-trust store. If there is it should go there as well.

Also, if the LDAP server is a Microsoft AD Global Catalog server you would need to use port 3269 instead of the standard 636.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Just two things you would differently.

Insert the AD certificates to ALL CUCM server in the corresponding truststores as Johnatan mentioned and check the use SSL under the LDAP directory or LDAP authentication section.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to upload the root certificate of the LDAP server's certificate chain to the tomcat-trust store. If you're running CUCM <= 7.x there may also be a directory-trust store. If there is it should go there as well.

Also, if the LDAP server is a Microsoft AD Global Catalog server you would need to use port 3269 instead of the standard 636.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Just two things you would differently.

Insert the AD certificates to ALL CUCM server in the corresponding truststores as Johnatan mentioned and check the use SSL under the LDAP directory or LDAP authentication section.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I am looking at where these changes you mention would be made.  I only have the option to tick a box next to TLS.  I am looking at this post because I have been alerted to the microsoft 2020 ldap channel binding and signing requirements coming in March.  I want to be sure that I am ready for this change. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: