Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP - Multiple OU Search Base

pli5kin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I thought this was possible but on a TAC with Cisco and they have told me it's not. I'm surprised because looking at this cisco forum post it does look like it's possible.

The situation is the customer is migrating users from oldOU to newOU, during this time they want CUCM to be able to sync to both OUs.

What I thought I could do is create the new LDAP directory with the search base OU=newOU,DC=test,DC=com which would co-exist with the original search base of OU=oldOU,DC=test,DC=com

My question was what do I do with the authentication account at this point, it resides in oldOU and the authentication search base is OU=oldOU,DC=test,DC=com

Would it work if on the AD I moved the CUCM admin account to the root of DC or at least above the two OUs and then changed the LDAP authentication search base to DC=test,DC=com rather than OU=oldOU,DC=test,DC=com

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Where the account is located has no connection to the search space for users. The definition for the user account should be an absolute path. I would recommend you to define the authentication search space at a higher point in the AD structure so that it can see both of the OUs.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Where the account is located has no connection to the search space for users. The definition for the user account should be an absolute path. I would recommend you to define the authentication search space at a higher point in the AD structure so that it can see both of the OUs.

Response Signature

Hey Roger,

Thanks for the clarification, that is the plan anyway to point the authentication search base to the root as there is no higher OU. Anything else I mentioned you see issues with or does it look ok? Really appreciate the help 👍

Looks okay with me.

Response Signature