Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Problem CUCM

born.jason
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a little problem with ldap sync. We have ~1300 users in our call manager. Now we want to move those users to a new LDAP Server with another naming convention.

I have now disabled/deleted the ldap sync/auth/directory so that the users are now local users. I have wait some days and look if the garbage collector purge those users but that is not the case. It seems i can make changes and for example reset the password but i have tried to reset a password from a user and logon to the ccmuser page. And that did not work, i`m not able to login with the user id and the reset password. With every user ->

"Log on failed - Invalid User ID or Password"

If i create a new user i`m able to login to ccmuser page with the new user.

The goal for the moment is to make it possible to login to the ccmuser page for the users.

best regards

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

When you disable AD integration, it leaves those users with a status=2 (inactive) value. See this post for how to back it out and make those users normal again:

I have on lab systems used this to fix it from the server CLI:

run sql update enduser set status=1

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

When you disable AD integration, it leaves those users with a status=2 (inactive) value. See this post for how to back it out and make those users normal again:

I have on lab systems used this to fix it from the server CLI:

run sql update enduser set status=1

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

where is the post

Please rate all useful posts

Try this one https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3558355

:-)

I was going to reference a post I recall reading but couldn't find it! ...

Excellent Aaron. This works for the test lab. Next week i`ll look if it works for so many users. Do you have experience with this? For example 60000 users?

Hi

I've not done it on anything that large, no... but it shouldn't be a problem.

Aaron

Hello,

Just to add  point.

Once users are synchronized from LDAP into the Unified CM database, deletion of a synchronization

configuration will cause users that were imported by that configuration to be marked inactive in the

database. Garbage collection will subsequently remove those users.

Garbage collection is a process that runs automatically at the fixed time of 3:15 AM, and it is not

configurable.

Regards

Vigeesh Kalathil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: