Views
Helpful
Replies

Licence 10.5

gabiulici
Level 1
Level 1

Hii,

I upgrade my cluster ( 1Pub and 1Sub) from 8.6.2 to 10.5 and after I migrate the licence I have  problems with the licence type and honestly I am confuse.

Before the update I had 16.360 DLU.

11.667 Units Used  and 4.693 Units Available

I know on cucm8.6 when I buy a licence they give you 6 dlu for device.

In my cucm10.5 I have:  6945  -  2,287  

7931 - 635

7937 - 10

ata 187 - 5

7841 -1 

8831 - 2

TOTAL = 2.930 devices

After  I upgrade to Cucm10.5 I have insufficient license. PLS check the attachment. I put sceenshot from cucm and plm.

Thanks a lot for help because I still have 30 day to understand the steps I have to do.

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to use ELM to generate license request and send to licensing@cisco.com

You need to have a valid UCSS/ESW contract for this to happen. Once you have done this, cisco will send the necessary license files for your 10.5 cluster

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

the attached snapshot shows that u do not have CUWL standard licenses .That is the reason it is showing Installed 0, Required 325 and available as -325.

You have sufficient UCL Enhanced Licenses[3185] but these cannot be loaned to CUWL Standard..

Did u run the LCU report prior upgarding ? You can get the breakup of licenses.

regds,

aman

hii,

You main thad I can breakup from Enhanced to CUWL and I will not pay extra or???

I now   Cisco now calculate the licence per user and not per device. In my setup I have more uid name associate with more the 3/4/10/15 devices and I thinks that is the problem.

Maybe I have to associate the device only to 1 user uid and I think I will resolve the problem

Pls see attachment

What you think about the setup?

Hi,

This should solve the issue.

With CUWL standard , u can have 10 devices assoicated to one user.Same applies to UCL Enhanced Plus.

with Enhanced UCL, we can have one device per user.You have enough UCL enhanced licenses.

Please do for 2-3 users/synchronise and share the result.

regds,

aman

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

you need to run LCU report before the upgrade.

after the upgrade you need to send license migration request attached with LCU and ESW/UCSS contract to licensing@cisco.com.

Cisco licensing team will send you the licesne file

HTH

Anas 

don't forget  to rate the helpful posts