Views
Helpful
Replies

Licencing migration from CISCO2801-CCME/K9 + CUE on AIM to CISCO 2901 + SRST

jmguillemot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my client uses a CISCO2801-CCME/K9 + CUE on AIM.

I propose him to upgrade to CUCM 8.6.

For CUE compatibility reasons withe CUCM 8.6, I need to upgrade AIM to ISM which also means that I need to upgrade from 2800 to 2900 platform.

2 licencing related questions :

1 - as my client bought CCME licenses (CISCO2801-CCME/K9), I consider he can upgrade to SRST for free.

>>> Can anyone confirm me I can order C2901-V/K9 instead of C2901-CME-SRST/K9 and then contact licensing@cisco.com for moving the licenses ?

2 - my client bought SCUE-LIC-12CME= (Unity Express License 12 Voice Mailbox-Auto Attendant-CCME) 4 years ago.

>>> Does he need to buy new licences (FL-CUE-MBX-5) or is there a way to move these licenses from the AIM to the ISM ?

(please note that he paid for CON-CSSPU-AIM-CUE    Cisco Shared Support Software Application Support Plus Upgrades for the last 4 years).

Hope I'm clear enough.

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Marie

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. no. ASAIK  you cannot port ISR G1 licenses to G2.

2. neither, I'm afraid you have to buy the licenses again.

However if you talk to the Cisco AM and get a different treatments, that could be only good news.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: