Views
Helpful
Replies

License Count Utility (LCU) 9.1 error

gabiulici
Level 1
Level 1

Hii,

I have Cucm10.5 installed and I want to create an export from cucm with License Count Utility to see the licence but I have a problem with login. On cucm8.6 everything was OK but after update i receive the error from attachment. Do I have to check some other Service on cucm10.5 or????

The password is OK because i log in with the user name and password to Cucm to see if is OK.

Pls check the attachment

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gabi,

The LCU won't run against the 10.x CUCM, as it is intended only to connect to 8.x and
earlier CUCM versions.

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Not sure what exactly the issue you are encountering. Just wondering if you could just add a new user, give that user all the Roles and Permissions, and then try with that account?

Regards

Hi Samuel,,

I logged in  like in cum8.6 but on cucm10.5 I receive the error from attachment. The same user and password like before. I create a user "test" with the proper rights but the same problem:(

Are u using Application Username and password?

May be u are entering OS adminsitration credentials and so , it is not working.

regds,

aman

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gabi,

Have you verified the application userid which you use to connect to License Count Unity has Standard AXL API Access Role/Access Group. Try using administrator user and check if that work.

HTH

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hii,

I already done the test but the same problem. Maybe the License Count Utility is not working anymore with Cucm10.5???

Pls check attachment

Hi Gabi,

Have met below pre-req as per admin guide

Operating system:

• Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit and 64 bit
  • Windows XP Professional, 32 bit
  • Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6

Java 6: www.java.com/​en/​download/​faq/​java_​6.xml

If you have firewall in your PC disable it. Are you able to browse the webpage of the server you trying to connect. You may also try disabling SELinux mode to permissive on CUCM "utils os secure permissive" and check if that helps

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hii,,

I have Windows7/64

I Disable the firewall

I have Java installed in my pc: Java 6, Java 7, Java 8

Hi,

i thought u are using LCU with CUCM 8.6.

why u want to use LCU with CUCM 10.x when u have licensing segregation as per UCL/CUWL in PLM?

In CUCM 8.x, it was DLUs so , we need to run LCU to share that licenses required as per UCL essential,UCL Enhanced /Enhanced Plus and  CUWL std

regds,

aman

Hi Gabi,

The LCU won't run against the 10.x CUCM, as it is intended only to connect to 8.x and
earlier CUCM versions.

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Correct for the Licenses one has to run PLM on the 9.x onwards :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: