cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License for IP Phones

griffith2009
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following doubt, when I purchase phones IP, The suppliers consult to me, if they sold the phone with license or without it.

When i configure the Phone in the call Manager, i am not requested any license.

I Need to buy licenses?, the license is handled in central call manager?, How do I know how many phones IP supports the license of my call Manager?

3 Replies 3

sgossen
Level 4
Level 4

It depends on what version of callmanager you are running. If you are running a windows based callmanager the licenses are not "policed", so technically (not legally) you can have as many phones on the system as you wish. On the linux based callmanagers the DLUs are tracked under SYSTEM/LICENSE/LICENSE UNIT REPORT. Depending on what model of phone you have it may take 2 or 3 or 4 DLU "points" per phone.

thanks for you information

I have call manager for windows version 4.1.

Do you have any documentation about of legal for this?

Regards

What do you need the documentation for?

You need license for every phone on the system, just like when you installed Windows 2000 for example you did not have to register the license but legally you were obligated to purchase it. Same concept here, if you are adding phones without license you are breaking license agreement, will anyone come and knock on your door and punish you? Unlikely :-)

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: