Views
Helpful
Replies

License Issue on CUCM 9.x missing 1 enhanced plus license

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there,

we have an proböem with licensing on CUCM 9.x. There are some Enhanced Licenses. 4 of them are unused.

There are also 2 Enhanced Plus licenses. These are oversubscribed with 3 so we have not enough enhaned plus licenses. Unfortunately the time period to solve the license issue is over, because the customer dont inform us about that. So if I want remove some not needed devices to solve the license issue I can't, because the CUCM saying I can not do any update on device or user until a new license is installed!

Must I install the missing enhanced plus license? Why it not borrow from enhanced? Why I cant solve the problem by deleting unused devices or change the owner user ID at some devices?

Is there a way  over TAC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think so there is much you can do. The best thing is to try and contact licensing@cisco.com and  they may be able guide you and provide with temporary license file with additional grace period.

That can help lift the violation and then you can perform the permanent corrective action either by removing unused devices or adding permanent licenses.

-Terry

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think so there is much you can do. The best thing is to try and contact licensing@cisco.com and  they may be able guide you and provide with temporary license file with additional grace period.

That can help lift the violation and then you can perform the permanent corrective action either by removing unused devices or adding permanent licenses.

-Terry

Hi,

UCL Enhanced Plus  cannot borrow from UCL Enhanced.

Can u try restarting CUCM server and then,delete ?Try that.

you also need to buy UCL enhanced Plus licenses.

regds,

aman

Re-iterating as per my original post, the OP will not be able to delete the users due to the expiration of 60 days grace period. After conclusion of the grace period both the provisioning and deleting users/devices can not be done and is disabled.

I would not advise restarting the servers unnecessarily. Contacting Cisco Licensing would be the best option here.

Its well documented:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0100100.html

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.x clusters can operate in a full featured demo mode for 60 days without a license. After 60 days, Cisco Unified Communications Manager clusters continue to operate and route calls, but the functionality to add or remove devices and users is disabled until valid licenses are supplied by an associated Enterprise License Manager.

-Terry