Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing for a DX80 Endpoint?

drbabbers
Level 3
Level 3

All,

To license a DX80 endpoint on UCM 10.5, do I need a TP ROOM or CUWL license? Or both!

Thanks

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes but CUWL has a purpose and has a reason for being the upper level licensing.  It is much cheaper to just buy the UCL Enhanced or UCL Enhanced Plus if you need them versus going the CUWL route.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

DX80s are desktop products and thus are not considered a telepresence endpoint.

"Licensing

Phone licensing depends on the call-control platform and its policies. For the Cisco Unified Communications Manager, the Cisco DX80 requires a minimum-level Enhanced IP User Connect License (UCL). There are no special licenses plus phone bundles for tier 2 distributors. The DX80 is not supported on third-party call-control systems."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/desktop-collaboration-experience-dx600-series/datasheet-c78-731879.html

Thanks Brandon. Can I confirm the CUWL is the successor to the UCL? Or am I misunderstanding?

We use CUWL in our current cluster for all endpoints.

I've read through here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.pdf

So can I license a DX80 using UWL or UCL? Also TP room is not included, so do I need a room license for this?

D

If you have CUWL licenses only then the DX80 will borrow from upper tier.  It will still use an Enhanced but just take away from the total CUWL.

Thank you for explaining.

So if I want to add any endpoint to the system in theory I can choose between UWL and UCL? Dependant on the model of endpoint and what you require? (WebEx, Unity etc...)

D

Yes but CUWL has a purpose and has a reason for being the upper level licensing.  It is much cheaper to just buy the UCL Enhanced or UCL Enhanced Plus if you need them versus going the CUWL route.

DX80 requires Enhanced UCL License.If u have enough CUWL Std. licenses, then, DX80 can borrow from CUWL licenses and remain IN Compliance

Further, Telepresense Licenses cannot borrow from other license. C20 , C40 consume TP license.

regds,

aman

Enhanced license

Regards