Helpful
Replies

Limit calls for some extension by calling search space

Hi all

my topology is that i have 2 calling search space 

1- is going through PSTN for outside calls either international and local calls

2- is for internal calls

i have 2 questions

1- can i give privilege to all extension 50 minutes for example to call outside then if reach the limit will continue with internal calls only 

2- can i configure calling search space for some extension for period of time like 2 months as example then automatically changed the calling search space for the one i choose

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Out of the box, no to both questions.

You would need some customized solutions to do any of that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Agree with Java on this. Out of the box you can not achieve any of the things that you ask about. You’ll need to send the call via an external call processing engine via the CURRI protocol and have a built logic in that system that can facilitate the functionality that your looking for.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Out of the box, no to both questions.

You would need some customized solutions to do any of that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Agree with Java on this. Out of the box you can not achieve any of the things that you ask about. You’ll need to send the call via an external call processing engine via the CURRI protocol and have a built logic in that system that can facilitate the functionality that your looking for.

Response Signature

is there any third party solution that i can integrated with cucm to these tasks

I agree with what's been said, nothing native, you would need a third party policy manager or similar engine to re-provision based on those conditions.

I built a realtime policy engine for callmanager that could be used for this. It already processes CDR for spam/MCIDs, and uses CURRI to enforce call blocking based on those number lists. Your request is very similar: to process CDR, keep a minute counter per phone over some time based on destination, and then block or permit destinations based on the minutes usage per phone, or to use AXL on that event to change the phone CSS perhaps. The workflows can be customized.

If you're interested in this solution, let me know and we can discuss more.

https://calltelemetry.com

-Jason