cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit on Directory Numbers configured on CTI Route Point

jmgold627
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a limit on how many directory numbers can be configured on a CTI route point? My searches are coming up empty so far. Thanks

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Justin,

I am not aware of how many, but I've had few DNs assigned to the same CTI RP in some deployments, how many are you looking to assign?

Chris

Currently have a dummy phone with 15-20 DN's configured to forward directly to voicemail. That do not have a physical phone.

Instead I thought to use a CTI route point for this. But before testing it out, I was curious if there was some limit.

You should be OK, but I usually build translation patterns for such a purpose.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

That would work but in this scenerio it is helpdesk creating these and they don't have access to create translation patterns. So we have a dummy phones that they can add these temporary forwards on.

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

If you have to use a cti rt pt and run into a limitation maybe you can use pattern(s) to reduce the number of lines.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Unfortunately these are all numbers that really don't have anytype of sequential order. So it will be hard to develop any type of wildcards.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Justin,

Just to add a note to the good stuff from Chris & Will (+5 each )

At one point we had a whole group of people that had to move off-site due

to a construction project and we created about 75-80 CTI-RP's just

for doing a Call Forward to their temporary numbers. It did not cause

any issues!

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan

Thanks for the response. Was this 75-80 different CTI route points? Or a single CTI route point with multiple DNs associated with it?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Justin,

Sorry buddy! I just re-read your question and realized I mucked

this up completely It was 75-80 separate CTI-RP's. My BAD!

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan

I know you're looking for a concrete answer, but here's my best educated guess...  Assuming you're on a post windows platform, you don't see the 'add a new DN' until after you add and save a line (after the initial 2).  You won't be able to add another line without CUCM providing the 'add a new DN' link, so there's an assumption that it's 'okay' to add as many as it will allow.

What version of CUCM are you on? If this is 5.0+ then you can just create a DN without tying it to a device.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: