Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Group > Intermittent calls going to voice mail

matrixx333
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

The problem I am experiencing is we have a Line Group configured with 6 directory numbers. When an agent is not available, they put themselves on 'Do Not Disturb'. There are some times when a call will come in, there are Directory Numbers in the Line Group that are not on 'Do Not Disturb', and the call still gets routed to voice mail. I would expect the call to get routed to one of the Directory Numbers that is not on 'Do Not Disturb'.

I'm not sure if this has to do with the RNA Reversion Timeout or Distribution Algorithm on the Line Group, or possibly something else. The problem seems to be intermittant.

We are using CUCM 8.0.3.

Any help is always appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

DND just stops the phone from ringing it doesn't affect the algorithm of the line group. What algorithm are you using on your line group? How long is the RNA configured for? How long is each DN set to ring for? I would make sure each DN is set to 20 seconds and that your RNA be set to aleast 120 seconds so that it can hit all the DNs within the line group.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

DND just stops the phone from ringing it doesn't affect the algorithm of the line group. What algorithm are you using on your line group? How long is the RNA configured for? How long is each DN set to ring for? I would make sure each DN is set to 20 seconds and that your RNA be set to aleast 120 seconds so that it can hit all the DNs within the line group.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yosh,

We are using 'Longest Idle Time' for our algorithm. The RNA has a setting of '30'. The DN's currently do not have a No Answer Ring duration set, which I believe defaults to 12 seconds.

I can see now how not having the 'ring' setting on the DN could be an issue. I will modify the settings according to your recommendations and monitor the situation..

Thank you for your help!

Your welcome.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

matrixx333
Level 1
Level 1

So far, it seems to be working as we would expect. I'm going to give it a few more days, then I will be back to mark your advise as the answer.....

Thank you!

Glad everythings working porperly.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: