cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

line group not working for SIP phones

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I have a line group that consists of two DNs on two 79xx SCCP phones. I use a translation pattern to translate outside calls to the hunt pilot of the group. This appears to be working fine. Now I try to do the same config on two 8841 SIP phones and calles to the pilot fail. I am not aware of having to do anything different with SIP vs SCCP phones for line groups. I pretty much followed the same setup that works for the SCCP phones. Can I be missing something? How can I troubleshoot this? The CUCM version is 11.5.1

Thanks,
Diego

5 Replies 5

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

It could be to do with CSS / partition of the phone DNs and / or hunt pilot.  Please compare working and non working DNs carefully.  What happens if you dial the hunt pilot directly, does it work and goes to DNs on 8841 ?

Hello Piyush,

Further testing shows the problem has nothing to do with hunt/line groups.  For some strange reason the DNs that I am assigning to the SIP/8841 phones are being rejected.  I noticed this when a user told me the line buttons did not have the number next to them even though the phones are configured correctly.  I then tested by  moving the DN to button #1 on the phone and the phone registration was rejected.  So bottom line I have DNs that do not show on the phone if they are added on buttons 2-5 and if I add them to button 1 the phone registration is rejected.  All DNs work fine on SCCP/79xx phones.

Maybe there is a debug I can do that will tell me why the phones are rejecting these DNs?

I had a user look at the phone as it tried to register with the problem DN on button 1. He says the error was "need to setup and abbreviated number"?? I have never heard of this and really don't understand what is so different of these DNs vs the others. They all are quite simple and straightforward.

Look at your phone button template for 8841 SIP and see if buttons are configured as Line or Speed Dial or something else.  Abbreviated dial is used along with speed dial.  See below link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_010100.html

Hello Piyush,

I have all 5 buttons setup as line buttons.  I have been doing a lot of testing and since it turns out the problem is not at all related to my OP I think I am going to repost using the latest info. I appreciate your trying to help very much.  Thank you!