Views
Helpful
Replies

Line status in Corporate Directory on 78xx IP Phones

benoit.moinet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

Just a quick question to be sure because Cisco documentations are not really precise on this point.

Is line status supported/displayed in Corporate Directory on 78xx IP Phones series ?

Like on 88xx or 79xx series where you can see the line status of the user you have searched for ?

I see this information on documentation but it's just on Speed-Dial Buttons and no informations in Corporate Directory part.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Benoit

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes it is supported. It is an enterprise feature and not device specific

CUCM Administration page --> Enterprise parameters ---> BLF Call List (Enable) BL

when going into the Missed/Placed calls or Corporate Directory and see the status of the phones. Presence will show a small phone icon on the extension

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for your answer Ayodeji

This option has been enable and works fine for most our phones (88xx, 79xx...) but not as expected for 78xx phones.

With those phones we can see line status in Recent calls and on BLF.

But there is no information regarding the status of the line in the Corporate Directory.

Maybe I miss something but I don't find any clue to resolv this issue or just to say it's by design.

So you can see the line status from call list eg missed calls/placed calls, but you cant see it from corporate directory? Maybe its a bug. I cant find anything relating to this

Please rate all useful posts

Yes you're right.

I tried to find a bug on this but nothing.

Maybe could to open a TAC case...

Thanks Ayodeji :)

Hello benoit.moinet,

some months ago, I have opened a TAC case for the same "issue"...

I have then discovered that it was (or maybe it's still) a missing feature, but I don't have news regarding its introduction in newer firmwares...

So, I suggest you to contact yor Account Manager to check/ask for its introduction.

Regards.