Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Updates

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all,

I have been working with CUCM now for about 6 months and also CCX and CUC. We are just in the process of mirating a site into our CUCM. 

We have all the new phones registered within the system but none of the names or Lines (extention numbers) within CUCM at the moment. 

I have found the "Line Appearance" update batch CSV import and just wanted to check this is the correct option to chose? 

I have used the default file type with the following headings:

User ID, Device, Directory Number, Partition

Thanks for any feedback.

JonesR

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure how that would tie the DNs to the actual phones.

My recommendation would be to import phones with DNs using the BAT.xls template, you can also export your current phones and then use that for the update import with DNs.

View solution in original post

You can export either alll phones or by model under BAT --> Phones --> Export Phones.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure how that would tie the DNs to the actual phones.

My recommendation would be to import phones with DNs using the BAT.xls template, you can also export your current phones and then use that for the update import with DNs.

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for comming back to me. Would there be away to select only certin IP phones by MAC address as they are different models. We have relocated a set to the required site which I have all the MACs for and created the required spreedsheet. I just need to create the DN and then add that dn to the required MAC address.

Where abouts in the system is the import, export you are refering too?

Thanks again for any assistance.

You can export either alll phones or by model under BAT --> Phones --> Export Phones.

Morning Chris,

Found the export and obtained all the phones inquestion, and they they have the output selection of:

MAC ADDRESSDESCRIPTIONLOCATIONDIRECTORY NUMBER 1DISPLAY 1LINE TEXT LABEL 1FORWARD BUSY EXTERNAL DESTINATION 1 FORWARD BUSY INTERNAL DESTINATION 1FORWARD NO ANSWER INTERNAL DESTINATION 1FORWARD NO ANSWER EXTERNAL DESTINATION 1FORWARD NO COVERAGE EXTERNAL DESTINATION 1FORWARD NO COVERAGE INTERNAL DESTINATION 1CALL PICKUP GROUP 1

But i cannot see where on this export import where to define the partition? 

Would i need to do two import one of one file then another with the missing information?

I need to update phone configuration like,

Calling search space

Update - figured this can be done via the template.

For the line (DN)

I need to:

Create the DN

Provide name

Partition

Pickup group

Display name

However i am unsure on how we can update directory number information, as it is only populating the display name on the line, and not the whole config. 

Line template has been created and used to set a few settings.

So we are getting there just getting the final few bits in, do not really want if possible to have to manually update 190 phones :(  Used insert phone with the over right. 

Then we could tidy the rest up manually. 

Thank you in advanced for any advise, never done it this way before so getting confused in the best way. 

Chris,
We have figured it out and have been able to use the bat file and also the templates to populate all the data.
Many thanks,
JonesR
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: