cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Feed MOH in CUCM 8.6

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a client that has a 2901 router configured with an FXO port configured to accept a live feed audio source for the Music on Hold. However the system does not use this audio source for the Music on hold, it continues to use the MOH file instead. How do I troubleshoot the issue with Call Manager 8.6?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Michael                   

5 Replies 5

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Can you send configuration of router MOH parts?

Are you sure it is playing MoH file off router flash and not CCM?

If the live-feed audio is not loud enough, the router won't detect audio off the FXO port and play the file from the flash.

Is the cabling for the feed into FXO port wired correctly?  Did this work before?

Attached you will find the router config that the MOH source is plugged into. It is connected to Voice Port 0/2/0, as far as I know it has worked in the past. When I do a debug moh and have the user plug in the source to the voice port I see these messages on the router.

002627: Dec  7 15:57:37.217: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0 ETHERNET 172.20.0.2 via ARP

002628: Dec  7 15:57:37.217: MoH route If Loopback0 46 1.1.1.1 via 1.1.1.1

002629: Dec  7 15:58:33.773: SkinnyCheckMohFeed DN 1 signal level OK (1980)

002630: Dec  7 15:58:33.781: Suppress Moh file reads due to live feed for moh-group 0

002631: Dec  7 15:58:40.809: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0 ETHERNET 172.20.0.2 via ARP

002632: Dec  7 15:58:40.809: MoH route If Loopback0 46 1.1.1.1 via 1.1.1.1

So it would appear that it is detecting and accepting the MOH source.

The Call Manager is version 8.5.1.10000-26, I am wondering if there is a specific MOH sourch that I should be using in Call Manager.

Thanks,

Michael

Yes, in CUCM you need to use the MOH source that matches the multicast configuration from that ISR.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How many multicast audio sources do you have in CUCM? 

What is the multicast IP address?

What is the hop count on those sources?

How many hops is this router from the CUCM network?

If you try to remove/rename the moh wav file on the router (or change moh file to something differemt) does the MoH go silen or play the new unique moh filet?  If it does then the Moh setup is right on router likely. If the music still plays then the moh is probably using a different mcast address.

What type of device are they plugging into the fxo port? Maybe try plugging the cable into a iPod  or MP3 player and turning up volume to make sure it is not a volume issue the FXO port is not picking up?

luis.rosello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm having a problem with MOH live from an FXO port, the difference is that it works when called on-net, but it doesn't off-net.  So calls coming into that gateway via PRI do not the the MOH.  I have an open ticket with TAC, the engineer has been all over the place, and honestly I think he's a little lost.  I can set the MOH to a file and it works just fine, so the only thing not working is the live feed to an off-net call on the same gateway!.  Any ideas???  Thanx.