cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Record - Can it be done

r.robins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have CUCM 6.1 with over 2000 dn's plus a CME/CUE running on a 2821 for the auto attendant features.

Is it possible to have a CUCM dn with a live record softkey that will be recorded by the CUE.

I know you can do this if the dn is on an ephone on the CME ?

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I think the inherent problem here is that Live Record uses the DN/mailbox of the

person who accesses this feature to store the message. If the person who is using

Live Record doesn't have a mailbox on CUE this won't work The only way that I can

think of to circumvent this parameter would be to "trick" CUE into thinking the call is

coming from a local account user.

"Live-record is only available to Cisco Unity Express local subscribers. Remote subscribers or external callers cannot use this feature because it uses the extension number assigned to the caller. However, this feature does not provide a prompt to ask the user to identify the extension and password and help prevent remote users from attempting to use the service."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/voicemail/12advVM.html#wp1025665

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: