Helpful
Replies

Load balancing calls to external numbers

Madhu Vatala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I am using CCM6.1 and unity 4.x

I have created extension 6120 as CTI route point and forwarded to Unity. In Unity, it plays greeting with Option 1 and Option 2.

At present Option 1 is forwarded one external number (forwared to one dummy number from Unity to Callmanager and from callmanger dummy number is forwarded to external number).

Client requested to add one more external number which is at another location to Option 1, so that if anyone selects 1, it should transfer to either 1st external number or 2nd external number (just like load balancing the calls). Can you please suggest how can I handle this request?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

Try sending the call to a Hunt Pilot in Call manager instead of dummy number, set the Hunt Pilot construct to extend the call to two CTI Route point by using Circular Distribution Algorithm, each CTI RP would have a dummy number that will be forwarded to the external number.

Hi,

I tried to configure CTI Route points under Line group members in Hunt Pilot. But, I am getting failed. Line group is not allowing me to add CTI port and Route points :-(

Regards,

Madhu Vatala

My apologies, you are correct, CTI ports are not allowed in Line Group.

CUCM was not intended to be used for this purposes, the only option you can have is to configure mobility, but that means the phones need to ring at an actual phone and a remote destination. you'll have to use DLUs for this configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: