cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Dial in for International Callers

Scott Almand
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure where to post this, but hoping someone can't point me in the right direction.

We are a multi continent company (as of recently) and I have been asked how to provide a local dial in number for conferences in the US.

For instance, we have a manager who creates an online (Skype) meeting and when the meeting is created, dial in numbers are provided for users outside the company to dial in to. This is working fine however, or SIP provider for Skype NOT international. 

We have many users in France who attend these meetings, but the only phone number provided is phone numbers local to the US. So our users in France are continually racking up international rates.

Is there a way that we can create the meeting, and provide a dial in number LOCAL to France so they are not having to dial international phone numbers?

We have another SIP circuit provided by Century Link but this is not integrated with Skype at all. I'm looking for ANY direction on how to come up with a solution for this.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Your post doesn’t mention a Cisco product let alone what infrastructure you have in France or an explanation of how that relates to your, I presume, America’s-based environment. All you mention is S4B and a carrier. I’m a little confused why you’re posting this on a Cisco forum.

Generally speaking, if your SIP carrier is willing to provide you a French DID on your existing circuits/SBC then I would expect that SBC could route it to your S4B front end pool.