Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Extension Dialing from HO to BO

s.khairuddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a situation where I have got call manager 4.1 installed on Windows 2000 Server at Head Office. Extensions Starts with 8xxx

I have another Brach office where I have CUCME 4.1 installed on cisco 3825 gateway .Extensions starts with 7xxx.

I want users from the Head office to call Branch Office Locally. I have both these links connected thought MPLS.

Please specify step by step procedures...

Hope to get help soon and In case if you need more information please donot hesitate.

Thanks

Syed

9 Replies 9

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Syed,

At a high-level:

CUCM

1. Configure a trunk to CUCME

2. Configure a route pattern matching the extensions on CUCME (7xxx)

3. Ensure that the route pattern is assigned to a partition that phones on your CUCM system can access

CUCME

1. Configure a dial-peer (voip) that points to your CUCM. You may need to create multiple dial-peers if you want to have redundant CUCM paths

2. The dial-peers will do all of the work for you. You should configure a destination pattern that points to CUCM (8xxx)

3. You may have to tweak some settings for your voip service (depending on how you are integrating, codecs, etc.)

For a detailed, step-by-step procedure take a look at the CUCME-to-CUCM integration section in the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetrans.html#wpmkr1121585

That should get you everything that you need.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the solution provided. I am very new to the call manager thing. There are 4 type of trunks

H.225 trunking with Gatekeeper

Inter Cluster Trunking with Gatekeeper

Inter Cluster Trunking without Gatekeeper

SIP Trunking

which one from the above shall I use

Hello Syed,

From the description of your call flow i believe you do not have gatekeeper in your network. Hence use an intercluster trunk without gatekeeper between the CUCM and CUCME.

regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Thanks for the followup can i get any step by step guide from cisco

Hi Syed,

The steps which was provided by William Bell will exactly work for you, To make it more clear.

IIN CUCM :

Step 1:
Cisco Unified CM Administration -> Device -> Trunk -> Add New -> Trunk Type = “Inter-Cluster Trunk NON-Gatekeeper Controlled” -> Device Protocol = “Inter Cluster Protocol” -> Next -> Device Name “CUCME-SITE” -> Device Pool -> Select “device pool you have”

Step 2 :

Remote Cisco Unified Communications Manager Information -> Enter the CUCME IP Address = X.X.X.X -> Save -> Reset.

Step 3 :

Create a Route pattern as 7XXX and point that to the trunk you have created.

(when you create routepattern under the gateway option you will see "CUCME-SITE" will be listed

IN CUCME :

Step 1 : Create a Voip Dial-Peer having destination patterna as 8... and point that to CUCM IP

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 8...

session target ipv4:X.X.X.X (CUCM IP Address)

Regards

Senthil

Cool I am keenly following the thread and i will be reporting you guys tomm as I am not in the office rite now.

Thanks

Ok as mentioned I did but unfortunately it doesnt works when ever I try dialing the extension it gives me a busy tone but If i choose my gateway whihc is 3825 with e1 confured from "gateway or route list" it dials but after some one picks the call from other location it disconnects autmatically. I am also attaching the screen shots from my call manamager as well please have a look

Hi Syed

This is your connectivity i believe.

CUCM--------ICT Trunk------->CUCME(Cisco 3825)------>This gives busy signal

CUCM---->Cisco3825-----E1 to PSTN----->CUCME(Cisco 3825)------This connects and disconnects.

If this is the above case:
You can have 2 Routegroups
           1) ICT Trunk Device
           2) PSTN Via E1

Create a Route list
           1) BO-7XXX-EXT which contains the above two Route-Groups

Create the Route Pattern
           1) 7XXX and select the Gateway/RouteList as "BO-7XXX-EXT"

And then perform a DNA Analysis to check whether the pattern goes out from your cluster.

For more information and specific parameter changes i suggest you to review the below sections in the url

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetrans.html#wpmkr1121585

Enabling Cisco Unified Communications Manager to Interwork with Cisco Unified CME

Configuring Cisco CME 3.1 or Later to Interwork with Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Regards

Senthil

Thanks for you great support buddy as I am not much aware with call manager  so cant take risk. Could you please guide me step by step as did in the above post I shall be more than grateful

Thanks

Syed