Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Route Group issue

Hi all,

I have problem to route local group when the phone forward call to local mobile phone. for example:

I had a some sites but for this example i use two site :

Italy (3 location) and Spain (2 location Alicante, Cartagena).

the phone internal 5730 forward all calls to mobile number 06303XXXX . this internal has a Device pool with Route Local Group and have some route pattern for local-route.

The problem is when my internal phone with number 2542 (Italy) call the directory number 5730. The call forward to gateway of Italian. This is the wrong because the cucm should route the call to gateway of the Spain.

If change gateway to the route pattern (from route-local to vg-spain ) I haven't problem, but so I insert many many route pattern.

I hope that is clear. thanks in advanced for help.

Roberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This was a known limitation of LRG prior to 9.0 because CUCM would use the LRG of the original calling phone, not the forwarding phone. Cisco added a Service Parameter in 9.0 which allows you to modify this behavior. The Service Parameter is called "Local route group for redirected calls" and allows you to change the behavior to "original called party" or "last redirecting party".

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This was a known limitation of LRG prior to 9.0 because CUCM would use the LRG of the original calling phone, not the forwarding phone. Cisco added a Service Parameter in 9.0 which allows you to modify this behavior. The Service Parameter is called "Local route group for redirected calls" and allows you to change the behavior to "original called party" or "last redirecting party".

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: