Helpful
Replies

Local Route Group.query

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Expert Team,

Greetings of the day.

Setup Information -CUCM version 8 in Multisite with Centralized Processing under MGCP

In our setup we have a Local route Group per site like Delhi, Gurgaon Mumbai and Bangalore.

When i am checking Route Pattern, there is no any route pattern configured for per site like Local call-9. , STD-9.0 and ISD 9.00  only we have emergency route pattern configured for 100, 102. so i am unable to track how calls going to destination if there is no Route pattern. Additionaly we have CSS for local, STD and ISD which hit to respective partition. but how it can be identify that the local route group accpeting STD CSS for STD calls.

The Local Route group is bascialy the Route group per site in whch all the Gateway port assigned here in our setup.

Now i have query that how calls going thrugh to Local, STD and ISD desination who is decsion maker and on which basis decision taking into place.

Regards

Hari

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad
7 Replies 7

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With proper Local Route Group configuration, you don't need to have duplicate route patterns per site. Having said this, only one route pattern per destination is required which will be directed to it's Local Route Group.

Atleast one route pattern per destination is required for call routing. I'm not sure when no route pattern is configured, how call can be routed. Can you please share the screens shot of route patterns configured in your system?

HI Vivek,

Thanks for your quick response, Kindly find route Pattern details with RL and PT.

9.1XX#-- Pointing to a Partition
9.1XXX#---Pointing to a Partition

Below Route pattern pointing to PSTN partition and also Route pattern pointing to PSTN Route list which is pointing to Standard Local route Group and same assigned to per device pool.

[2-9]xxxxxx- Local LANDLINE 7 digit
[2-9]xxxxxxx-local landline 8  digit
[7-9]xxxxxxxxx-local mobile
\+447822122!----InterNational - ISD Call Block RFC 3773
\+447822122!#-----InterNational - ISD Call Block RFC 3773
\+447822122!#------STD CALLS And LONG DISTANCE MOBILE
\+91[1-9]XXXXXXXXX-----STD CALLS And LONG DISTANCE MOBILE
\+[1-9]!-----InterNational - ISD Call
\+[1-9]!#------InterNational - ISD Call

Now the query is how LRG will come to know that the call is Local, STD or ISD.

Thanks

Thanks, Hari Prasad

IMO, Local Route Group (LRG) doesn't need to identify whether call is Local, STD or ISD. That depends on the CSS assigned to DN/Phone that which all Route Patterns are accessible from dialing entity (DN/Phone).

LRG will be selected from Device Pool assigned to phone.

Now when number is dialed by phone and depends on CSS assigned to DN/Phone, Route Pattern will be selected and calling privilege will be applied.

Calling privilege can be applied at various levels. I can't identify from the above configuration at which level you are restricting calls. It could be at Route Pattern, Translation Pattern level or in Gateway itself.

Does it solves your doubt? In case if it doesn't, please let me know which all CSS are configured and partitions configured under that.

HI Vivek,

Thanks for you input.

Based on you answer i understood that when i place a STD call it will be go thurgh via STD CSS that point to partition and partition point to Route pattern but in our configuration i am not getting any specific route list that cover STD only we have a PSTN RL  point to LTG and which covers all Gateway ports. What is role of LRG then.

Thanks

Thanks, Hari Prasad

Well, Route List doesn't need to cover STD only or Local only or Local/STD only. This will be taken care through appropriate CSS configuration.

Following will be the flow;

DN/Phone dials the number --> Match Route Pattern as per CSS assigned to DN/Phone --> Fetch the LRG from Device Pool and eventually Gateway/RL --> Send the call to respective Gateway/RL.

If your question is what is the role of LRG, let's go years back when LRG was not supported. In those cases if you have four sites let say New Dehli, Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata and if you want to route all outgoing calls from local gateway, you need to configure 4 duplicate Route Patterns for each destination and hence four Route Lists. E.g., if the number patter is 9.0265XXXXXXX, this patterns must be configured for each of the four sites viz four duplicate patterns and point it to the Route List which again needs to configured four times pointed to their local gateway.

With LRG in place, the above pattern only needs to be configured once in a CUCM and pointed to LRG. In this way, irrespective of the pattern is called by which site, local gateway will be selected.

HTH

Thanks  Vivek . Now its clear.

Thanks, Hari Prasad

Please rate the comments and mark it as Correct if you feel it's good to share with others.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: