Views
Helpful
Replies

Locale change on 6941 at CUCM 7.1(5) fails

joergwesely
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a 2-node CUCM cluster running 7.1(5) and some 6941 phone with firmware release 9.0.2. The phones should speak Japanese, German and Dutch by choice.

I've installed those locale-packages:

cm-locale-combined_network-7.1.5.1000-1.cop.sgn

cm-locale-nl_NL-7.1.5.1000-1.cop.sgn

cm-locale-ja_JP-7.1.5.1000-1.cop.sgn

cm-locale-de_DE-7.1.5.1000-1.cop.sgn

and those found als "endpoint locale installer" in the 6941 download-section at CCO:

po-locale-ja_JP-9.0.1.1000-1.cop.sgn (not available as 9.0.1)

po-locale-nl_NL-9.0.2.1000-1.cop.sgn

po-locale-de_DE-9.0.2.1000-1.cop.sgn

I installed all those packages on both servers and rebootet the cluster several times since this installation.

If I change the locale on a phone, the announcements are in the right language, but the phone menus stay english.

The EM-service seems to be in the right language, but if I try it in japanese, there are only small boxes instead of characters- it seems like the symbol set is missing.

If I sniff the phone's traffic using wireshark during the boot, I see that the fil rtl-sccp.jar from the appropriate language-folder is requested and as it looks also delivered. If I download such a file to my PC and unzip it, it contains right-looking resource files.

I've seen FW 9.0.2SR1 on CCO, but found nothing about this issue in the release notes.

Is there anybody with a similar problem who has found a solution?

Best Regards

Jörg

5 Replies 5

gsilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi joergwesely,

your fix the Problem?

I Have the similar problem, with the IP Phone 6921 firmware 9.0.2 in a CUCM 7.1.3. Dont display label in Spanish.

I install the cm-locale-es_CO-7.1.3.1000, but the problem continue.

Any updates on this case? I'm having same problems here trying to set the user locale in spanish. )-:

Hi,

I have the same problem but then on UCME 8.1 with the Dutch language. I've another 8.0 installation with the same issue. A 7931 gets nice dutch softkey options but the 6941 stays in English.

Regards,

Marcel.

Hi,

I have opened a TAC with Cisco and here is the response:

-       Unfortunately localization will not be available on CME for 69XX phones until CME 8.6

-       CME 8.6 will be released till March 2011

-       You can contact Cisco after March 2011 for Spanish locale on 69XX phones

So, we will wait until March 2011.

Regards,

Camilo

aku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've encountered the same issue on CUCM 7.1.5-10000-12

I installed "po-locale-sl_SI-9.0.2.1000-1.cop.sgn", rebooted CM & TFTP services and nothing happend, phones remain in english language.

I also rebooted both servers, but no luck.

Did enyone get any news on this matter?

Kind regards!

Ales