cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lock IP Phone with a Password

Sakher Al-Bawab
Level 1
Level 1

I have IP Phones with model 7945G and Cisco Unified Communications Manager versoin 7.1. Is there any way to lock every phone with a password dedicated to the owner of the phone so that no one not authorized to use the phone can make an outgoing calls, but at the same time the phone can still receive calls?

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its probably not the best idea to lock a telephone to not use it all.  You could probably do it with a third party app, but you are defeating the purpose of a telephone.  If there was an emergency, you could not make a call.

You may want to use dialing restrictions such as Forced Authorization Codes or Extension Mobility to force the user to sign into the phone to use it, but still be able to do basic 911 dialing for anyone that walks up to it.

Its been discussed in Netpros before also.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/986816

Hi,

We are Cisco Developer Partner, and we have a phone lock application that integrate with Cisco Call Manager

Please have a look on URL

http://www.connectps.com/xml.htm

Kind Regards

Mohamed

how can I get these services and how much does it cost?

Prices depend on your network ( how many phones, CUCM cluster )

You can send me details on my email:  mohamed.abdallah@connectps.com

Dear Mohamed,

Thank you for your reply , I have 100 IP phone and my cucm cluster contains Publisher and subscriber , also if can you send me a demo for that software?

Regards

Hany Adel

Senior Network Engineer

Advanced computer technology

10 El Batal Medhat Abdel Hamid St. Off Shehab St. 12411, Mohandessein, Giza, Egypt.

Mob.: (2) 012 8969310    Direct : (202) 33 010 312    Fax : (+202) 33 058 229

Email                : hadel@act-eg.com                     URL                     www.act-eg.com

Office hours:   9:00 AM to 5:00 PM,          Working days: Sunday to Thursday

is committed to provide you with the highest standards of products & services in the industry

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Typically when users ask for a phone lock, extension mobility usually meets that requirement, as mentioned by a previous poster.