Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking IP Phones

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to lock an IP Phone besides using FAC, for example, when one goes out of office and needs to lock the telephone in order to avoid any one else could use it. I know there is a Common Phone Profile named Local Phone Unlock Pasword, but this is for unlock the telephone.

Thanks in advance.

Gerardo Fajardo

Telmex, Mx

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gerardo,

Your best bet would be to use extension mobility, when the user leaves their desk, they would log out of the phone, and log back into the phone when they want dialing privledges again.

HTH,

Chris

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Beat me to it, +5 java.

Chris

mmoravek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gerardo,

If you are looking for a third party app that can do just that maybe you can consider www.2ring.com/ipps. It does profide a phone lock feature so that you can lock your phone when leaving. It does not use extension mobility so it is a bit easier to set up and most importantly the user can use a personal PIN to unlock the phone which is easier to type on the phone keyboard in contrast to type a complex password. It is possible to see a trial or demo. Just contact info@2ring.com.

Hope it helps,

Miro Moravek

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We really do not offer a way to "lock" a phone in such way you need to type a pwd as you do with a mobile.

You would need a 3rd party for that.

What you can do with just CUCM is to configure EM so that then phone only works when a user is logged in.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Beat me to it, +5 java.

Chris

Thanks all

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gerardo,

Your best bet would be to use extension mobility, when the user leaves their desk, they would log out of the phone, and log back into the phone when they want dialing privledges again.

HTH,

Chris

Please rate helpful posts

mmoravek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gerardo,

If you are looking for a third party app that can do just that maybe you can consider www.2ring.com/ipps. It does profide a phone lock feature so that you can lock your phone when leaving. It does not use extension mobility so it is a bit easier to set up and most importantly the user can use a personal PIN to unlock the phone which is easier to type on the phone keyboard in contrast to type a complex password. It is possible to see a trial or demo. Just contact info@2ring.com.

Hope it helps,

Miro Moravek