Views
Helpful
Replies

Logic for blocking calls on Voice Gateways with same To and From range

ravi.2.mehta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a phone connected to PABX - E1 voiceport to Cisco Voice Gateway (2900 - IOS 15-3).

Pots and VOIP dial-peer configured with SIP trunk to SIP Service provider.

Is it possible to configure dial-peer commands to block only calls where ANI is 00xx and DNIS is +xx from being sent to the SIP trunk?

All other combination of calls to DNIS +xx should be allowed.

I have checked logic for call-block (dial peer) command but seems limited to one argument and cannot combine to block ANI and DNIS together.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to reach this outcome with the COR functionality in IOS. It’s a matter of crafting dial peers and assigning them to proper cor lists to achieve the restrictions that you aspire.

Please see this document for details on how to set this up.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/42720-configuring-cor.html

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Can you please share with us what end result you want to achieve with this? Aka please describe the outcome on a logical level, not technical what you want to do.

Response Signature

Hi there,

Many thanks for reply back.

The outcome is to send SIP response back to SIP service provider when a user dials combination of ANI is 00xx and DNIS is +xx only.

Example user dials from 0044123456789 and dials +446789012435 - call rejected

user dials from 0033123456789 and dials +446789012435 - call allowed

Therefore only combination of number starting with 044 to +44 is rejected.

Hope this clarifies my request.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe I'm daft, but I still don't get it. The ANI is someone on your end that calls to the DNIS number on PSTN or am I reading your outline backwards, ie that the call originates from PSTN and is destined to you? Can you please describe the call direction?

Response Signature

Hi,

You can use translation patterns with "Use Originator's Calling Search
Space" option to match the calling number and called number and only pass
the required combination.

For example:

You want 1111 to call 971! and 2222 shouldn't call 971!

You can create a CSS called 971-allowed and 971-blocked. 1111 callers
should match a TP with 1111 as pattern and 971-allowed CSS. This pattern
should prefix \+100 for example and match another TP with \+100971! that
should strip \+100 and can match your dialplan. Then 2222 callers should
match a TP with 2222 pattern and 971-blocked CSS. This pattern should
prefix \+200 for example and match another TP with \+200971 that will
reject the call.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Hi there,

Many thanks for the above posts and the above is the logic. Apologies if I caused confusion.

Requirement is for example phone with calling number 0044123456789 and dialed number +446789012435 to be rejected not on CCUM but on the Voice Gateway.

However I want for example calling number 0032123456789 and dialed number +446789012435 to be allowed to route call to SIP trunk on the Voice Gateway,

I hope this clarifies request.

You should be able to reach this outcome with the COR functionality in IOS. It’s a matter of crafting dial peers and assigning them to proper cor lists to achieve the restrictions that you aspire.

Please see this document for details on how to set this up.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/42720-configuring-cor.html

Response Signature

ravi.2.mehta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roger & Mohammed, 

Really appreciate the replies above and will discuss with team whether either solutions above can be applied to help resolve issue.

Thanks again for all posts.