cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logical Partitioning

vinojesh1994
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone confirm that Logical Partitioning is only required for the countries having restrictions of TEHO, and plz come up with a good live example to make me understand the concept behind the Logical partitioning.

4 Replies 4

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is indeed for India.

As per the Govt. of India regulations, voice traffic over the enterprise  data network and the PSTN network should be strictly separate and there  should be no mixing of calls between the two networks for purpose of  toll bypass. Originally, Indian regulations required that VoIP systems  be physically separate from PSTN interconnect systems. Users would use  phones on a VoIP system strictly for interoffice phone calls, but any  calls that needed to go to or come from the PSTN had to be made using  the other system. Recent changes to the law permit a single system to  support both types of calls, as long as the system can be configured in  such a way that forbidden calls cannot be completed. This document terms  this capability "logical partitioning".
The following are basic scenarios which are restricted:-
• The call that passed through a PSTN gateway must never be connected  directly to a VoIP phone or VoIP PSTN gateway in "another" geographic  location.

Hi phooghen,

Thanks for ur explanation. Have you got a configuration for Logical Partitioning? Can u come up with live scenario?

Cisco IT has deployed logical partitioning in India.

If you don't use that feature, you will need to configure for each phone, as a workaround for the Telephony regulation, with 2 identical directory numbers.

One for the VOIP and one for the PSTN  access.

The SRND has more information about LP and the CUCM admin guide provides the configuration steps.

I don't have more information.

Pierre.

Alright phooghen. Let me jump into SRND.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: