Views
Helpful
Replies

Login is unavailable (23) EMCC

Pawan Arora
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have configured EMCC on my three cluster successfully with no error while validating the configuration. But when i tried to login to the 7942 phone, it gives me an error "login is unavailable (23) "

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Pawan Arora

27 Replies 27

HI

Oki. Are you able to log in same cluster using same user. Have you checked if same user is woking for normal EM.

It is not mandatory "Enable All Remote Cluster Services When Adding A New Remote Cluster"  to be true.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

I have checked with the remote cluster, the user id is able to login to the phone

Regards,

Pawan

Hi

Plesae restart all the three esrvice required for the EMCC mentioned in the video and see if issue gets resloved.

regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

ok Ronak, I will do that in the off buissness hours and will let you know about the same

Regards,

Pawan Arora

HI

Also if you can send me screen shots offline for the each and every config done for EMCC  , I can see the issue form my side and test in the lab.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate all helpful posts.

Ronak,

Please let me know the email id on which I should send you the screen shot

Ronak,

When i checked the remote cluster view it is showing Migrated 1 and Migrated 2 in cluster view.

Do you have any idea

Regards,

Pawan Arora

Hi Ronak,

I have restarted the services but still not able to login

Don't know if you solved it, but for me it worked when i checked "home cluster" under CUCM administration, user mgmt, end user, service settings.

I was having the same error on all my clusters I was trying to log into. My problem was fixed by checking something that now seems obvious that I looked over several times. In Advanced Features -> Cluster View I did not have the enable checkbox for EMCC and PSTN Access checked.  Even though it showed remotely activated and passed the EMCC validation test what ultimately allowed me to log in was checking the “enable” checkbox and then clicking the “Update EMCC Remote Cluster Now” on all the clusters. Then I was able to log in. Capture.PNG

Hi, Have a look at this and see if it helps.

The Cisco Extension Mobility service in participating clusters performs a periodic remote cluster update. The EMCC Feature Configuration feature parameter, Remote Cluster Update Interval, controls the update interval, for which the default value specifies 30 minutes.

If the Cisco Extension Mobility service on cluster A does not get back a reply from a remote cluster (such as cluster B) for this update, the Remote Cluster window for cluster A shows that Remote Activated service is set to false for cluster B.

In this case, the visiting cluster does not receive any response from the home cluster and sets the Remote Activated values for the home cluster as false.

During this interval, a visiting phone may not be able to log in by using EMCC. The visiting phone receives the Login is unavailable (23) message.

At this point, trying to log in EMCC from a visiting phone may fail with the error, Login is unavailable (23), which displays on the phone. This occurs because the visiting cluster has not yet detected the change of home cluster Cisco Unified Communications Manager from out-of-service to in-service.

Detection of status change of remote clusters is based on the value of the Remote Cluster Update Interval EMCC feature parameter and on when the visiting Cisco Extension Mobility service performed the last query/update.

You can also click the Update Remote Cluster Now button on the Remote cluster Service Configuration window (Advanced Features > EMCC > EMCC Remote Cluster) to change Remote Activate values to true, which also allows EMCC logins. Otherwise, after the next periodic update cycle, EMCC logins by visiting phones will return to normal.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Joshua Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I understand this thread is a few years old, but something to think about if anyone is having this trouble now with a 9.5 and up version of CCM. Remember to have the Home Cluster Check box checked to allow the Extension Mobility to work correctly.

Hi Jsbrown23,

It works for me.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: