cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

long transfer time

paulchernoff
Level 1
Level 1

We just went line with a new Cisco UM system 9.1.1 running on a BE6000 (I hope I have those numbers right). All phones but the receptionist are 8961 models, the receptionist is the next model up with 2 sidecars. When the receptionist transfers a phone call theer is a 2 to 6 second delay between the internal extension answering the phone and being able to talk with the person, the line light takes that long to turn from orange to green. This does not sound like normal behavior. Any ideas on how to correct this issue. We do have an installer engineer on site on Monday to whom I can give information.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

8 Replies 8

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

check if there is overlap extensions

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If there is no delay in placing the call, meaning ringing there aren't overlapping patterns. If the delay is just after the far end phone answers before there is audio, check signaling with packet captures from the phones and server(s) the phones are registered to.  This will show if there is a delay in call signaling to start audio or if it's just some delay with RTP packets between the two phones.

Dears

I have also some issue in Transfer call,

phones are hanging for 20 sec at that time we cannot do any thing if the call in progress its hag and can not press any button in Phones. we have 15 Phones 7942 in Group.

can any one help me ,

Are the 7942 phones running SIP or SCCP?

One problem seems to be that our staff is too quick. We find if someone does the transfer process to quickly the transfer time is slower or doesn't work at all. So we have pick press the transfer button, then enter the extension, and then complete the transfer when the contextural transfer button appears on the screen. There is still a 1-2 second delay when the person receives the phone call but much better than 5 or 6 seconds. We haven't closed this issue in case a better solution appears.

Dear Joe Martini,

Its 7942 working on SCCP.

I creat a new disscosion but no reply still two days can you come on that Disscotion,

Mr paul is distrub here.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3865739#3865739

Paul what phone models are you using?  I've seen something similar on the 8961/9951/9971 phones.

paulchernoff
Level 1
Level 1

The phone engineer truly fixed this issue by making adjustments to the router.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: