Replies

Long waiting when internal to internal

mesut ozcan
Level 1
Level 1

hi everybody,

i have a problem,

i newly implmented a UC system one of my costumer, CM 7.0 with 50+ phones

when somebody call a collegue (internal2internal) wait to much (40-50 sec) for establish the call,

what could be the reason of this,

if you need i can send my dial-peer config,

thx,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

To collect call manager traces, follow the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

Do let me know if you are able to view the link.

Also provide the numplan report from the call manager.

go to call routing>>route plan report>>on the top right corner hit on Go in from front of the view file, and provide the csv file, that would be created.

With the traces, provide the called, calling party number with the timestamp of the call, do collect the traces from all the nodes.

cheers!

Kunal

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

tobin hawkshaw
Level 1
Level 1

there is something else going on here, you mention that you are using CM 7, you mean the route-pattern then surely, not dial-peers ?

also, you dont actually need any route patterns for two internal phones to call each other if they are both registered to the same cluster.

This begs the questions:

a) is this a call manager 7 system with the phones registered to the same box

b) are the calls following a path other than   PhoneA ->--lan---> CM7 ->--lan-- PhoneB

c) whats happening in this 40 seconds, what is the calling phone hearing if anything

hi,

1. yes, phones registered to this CM server

2. it think calls take that way, how could i be sure about this?

3. hear nothing in 40 sec., just silence and than suddenly call establish and hear a HELLO

thx,

Hi,

Since you do not even seem to hear the ringback tone and suddenly hear the user at the other end talking, the call setup seems to be taking unusually longer than expected. Are you using SCCP phones or SIP phones? If possible try uploading the CUCM traces for a call. We need to see what actually goes on in the CUCM that is delaying the entire call setup.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

Hi,

that is absolutely what is my problem,

I use SCCP phones ( cisco 796x,69xx )

by the way, how could i take a CUCM trace for a call?

Thx so much,

Mesut

Hello,

To collect call manager traces, follow the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

Do let me know if you are able to view the link.

Also provide the numplan report from the call manager.

go to call routing>>route plan report>>on the top right corner hit on Go in from front of the view file, and provide the csv file, that would be created.

With the traces, provide the called, calling party number with the timestamp of the call, do collect the traces from all the nodes.

cheers!

Kunal

hi,

firstly thx for all your help,

i just need to collect trace logs for a call, but i dont know which log is useful

can you show me patch that i should follw?

thx again,

Hi,

The steps that you have to follow has been clearly indicated in the doc provided by Kunal. Were you able to collect the files for a test call? If yes zip the entire folder and attach it here.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts