Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for Clarification: Route Lists / Route Groups

Googi1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Voice Experts,

We have 2 voice gateways (3825s). Each gw has 2 pri (one for local, one for ld calls) Our 800#s come in to the LD. Recently we have been reaching capacity on the LD circuits, resulting in routelistexhausted alerts, and of course our customers receive busies during this time. While mgmt is discussing longer term plans for increasing our capacity, I thought we could do a shorter term stop-gap by eliminating contention for the LD lines by routing long distance outbound calls over our local lines. I picked the 3 route patterns that use the LD route lists / route groups and just pointed them to the locals. I didn't think I would need to change anything about HOW we dial or edit the route pattern, other then pointing it somewhere else. Well, it didn't work. The calls were making it to the gateway but not completing. We got errors regarding dialing the area code, or dialing 1. I guess I don't have a clear understanding about how this works. Can anyone clarify what went wrong? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

markcarat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am guessing you are sending the extra 1 and/or the area-code to your local circuit and it is being rejected by the carrier. Do you have to dial 1-areacode-xxx-xxxx for local calls?

Also try to run debug isdn q931 and paste the output.

Hope this helps

Mark

Hi Mark and thank you,

Yes, we dial 1+AREA CODE for local calls as well. That's why I figured it would work. I had to revert my changes last night, as calls were not completing, so unfortunately I can't post debugs until after hrs. Our discard digit selection is PreDot 11D->10D?

If your route pattern is 9.1212[2-9]xxxxxx, try changing the discard digit to NANP:PreDot.

Hope this helps

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: