cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for Volatility Statements on Cisco Phones. . .

KeithGlass
Level 1
Level 1

Would love to find one for our old Cisco 7962s,  But also need them for the 8841's we are in the process of acquiring. . . 

Any and all help is appreciated. . . 

8 Replies 8

What do you mean by Volatility statement? Would you please mind to elaborate?

Response Signature

KeithGlass
Level 1
Level 1

A Volatility Letter or Statement describes how to purge all user data from the equipment, or states that the equipment has no capability of storing **any** user data.  Used when retiring equipment which was installed in sensitive environments.  Common in places like the Federal Government, Healthcare, and some Financials.   Example from another vendor attached. . . 

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think Cisco provides volatility statements anymore. I did have something from a while back (link below) about this. You should be able to do a factory reset to clear off all the call history, settings and certificates etc. Look at the admin doc in the Troubleshooting --> Maintenance section for factory reset.

Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager - Maintenance [Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series] - Cisco

Policy Regarding the Removal of Data on Cisco Equipment

Well, that means the phones go to destruction.  I'm in the Federal Space. . . and if I cannot confirm total erasure of all data, then cannot allow the phones to leave the facility.   

Cisco sells enough gear to the Government world to know that. . . .

I would recommend you to address this with your account team at Cisco. They should have better possibility to get this sort of information for you than non Cisco employees that hang around this public community to aid other peers.

Response Signature

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

I agree with Roger Kallberg -- +5. If your requirements are that restrictive your Cisco team should be able to get you the answers / process you need.

We tried that.  Zero success.  That's why I came here: it was a "Hail Mary Pass" effort. . . 

Thanks  anyway. . . 

I saw something like that a few years back, it provided some details of what components phones had, and then at the end it had the instructions on how to reset the phones via the phone menus or simply do a factory reset as Les mentioned to wipe all the info the phone had.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: