Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking to upgrade the CUCM v7.1 to CUCM v9.1

Amit Thakkar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Please guide me how to upgrade the CUCM 7.1 to CUCM 9.1 as per concidering below point,

SETUP ON PHISICAL SERVER AS WELL AS VMWARE SERVER SETUP :-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUCM:-

1)  What are the hardware and software are require for the CUCM v9.1

2)  Can i do upgrade directly from CUCM v7.1 to CUCM v9.1, if yes then pls guide me how to proceed the same, if there is any link to refere the same.

3)  Do i need to change the Phones firmware also we are using the phone 7940G.

CUC:-

1)  What are the hardware and software are require for the CUC v9.1

2)  I am also looking to upgrade the CUC v7.1 to v9.1, Can i do upgrade directly from CUC v7.1 to CUC v9.1, if yes then pls guide me how to  proceed the same, if there is any link to refere the same.

3)  Is CUC v9.1 is compatibile with CUCM v9.1 ?

ALSO GUIDE ME WHICH ONE I HAVE TO SETUP FIRST IN THIS TWO CUCM AND CUC. SINCE IT IS ALREADY LIVE IN THE PRODUCTION NETWORK.

Cisco Presence :-

1)  What are the hardware and software are require for the Cisco presence v9.1

2)  Is Cisco Unified presence v9.1 is compatibile with CUCM v9.1 ?

3)  I am also looking to newly install Cisco presence v9.1, so if possible giude or post me  the link how to install step by step 

Cisco Meetingplace :-

1)  What are the hardware and software are require for the Cisco Meetingplace v8.5

2)  Is Cisco Meetingplace v8.5 is compatibile with CUCM v9.1 ?

3)  I am also looking to newly install Cisco Meetingplace v8.5, so if possible giude or post me  the link how to install step by step.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you read the release notes and install/upgrade guides? You will get all your answers from there. If you have some follow up specific questions I would suggest posting them then.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have gone through the same but i was unable to get one thing

Current setup is on MCS 7816I4 for CUCM v7.1

Need to do fresh installation for CUCM v9.1 on fresh UCS C210m2 server as VMware

and fresh installation for CUC v9.1 on phisical server MCS 7825I4.

How to get all current setup configuration of CUCM v7.1 and CUC v7.1 in to fresh setup of CUCM 9.1 and CUC 9.1

My plan is to do UCS c210m2 as PUB, IM/PRESENCE and meeting place as (VMWARE). On another server I will install SUB, CUC as (VMWARE). Will it be feasible ? pls suggest